Sommer 2006 (the term Sommer 2007 can be found here)
This course will take place September 4 to 7, 2006. On each of the four days, there will be
- Lecture, 9am to 10.30am, room S2 04/213
- Exercise, 10.30am to 12am, room S2 06/025 and S2 05/103
This course mainly aims at Bachelor students and will provide an introduction to scientific writing (for instance of a Bachelor thesis), both concerning the technical aspects (using LaTeX, etc.) as well as concerning content (proper citation, etc.).
Please note that you need to register with the secretary Ms. Breitfeld (tel 4560, room S2 04/205) to participate in the exercises (the number of attendees is limited). Additionally, you need to get an account in the computer pool of the physics faculty (PRP) to attend the exercises (in case you do not have one), see http://prp0.prp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de/.
- F. Mittelbach and M. Goossens, The LaTeX Companion, 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley (2004) [German translation: F. Mittelbach and M. Goossens, Der LaTeX-Begleiter, 2nd Edition, Pearson Studium (2005)]
- H. Kopka, LaTeX – Band 1: Einführung, 3rd Edition, Pearson Studium
(2005) [in German]
H. Kopka, LaTeX – Band 2, Pearson Studium (2005) [in German]
H. Kopka, LaTeX – Band 3: Erweiterungen, 2nd Edition, Pearson Studium (2005) [in German]
- H. Lamprecht, LaTeX 2ε – Eine Einführung, URL http://heiner-lamprecht.net/projekte/Handbuch.pdf