This course will take place on four days, September 14 to 17, 2009. On each of the four days, there will be
- Lecture, 9am to 10.30am, room S2 04/213
- Exercise, 10.30am to 12am, room S1 01/1 (new PRP)
This course mainly aims at Bachelor students and will provide an introduction to scientific writing (for instance of a Bachelor thesis), both concerning the technical aspects (using LaTeX, etc.) as well as concerning content (proper citation, etc.).
Please note that you will need to get an account in the computer pool of the physics faculty (PRP) to participate in the exercises (in case you do not have one), see http://prp0.prp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de/.
Please note that the number of attendees is limited, and that the main target audience are students of physics. In particular, there are only a limited number of places in the computer pool of the physics faculty (PRP). Therefore, you have to register to participate in the exercises, and students of physics will be given a higher priority. To register for the exercises, please send a short email with your name to the secretary Ms. Wolf-Hollenbach.
- F. Mittelbach and M. Goossens, The LaTeX Companion, 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley (2004) [German translation: F. Mittelbach and M. Goossens, Der LaTeX-Begleiter, 2nd Edition, Pearson Studium (2005)]
- H. Kopka, LaTeX – Band 1: Einführung, 3rd Edition, Pearson Studium
(2005) [in German]
H. Kopka, LaTeX – Band 2, Pearson Studium (2005) [in German]
H. Kopka, LaTeX – Band 3: Erweiterungen, 2nd Edition, Pearson Studium (2005) [in German]
- H. Lamprecht, LaTeX 2ε – Eine Einführung, URL http://heiner-lamprecht.net/projekte/Handbuch.pdf